Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion Revised Edition
This is a comprehensive clinical textbook published by Foreign Language Press, Beijing. It has been hailed as a classic since its first edition in 1987. It is viewed as an authoratitive text and plays an important role in the international developlment of acupuncture and moxibustion.
Both Acupuncture and Moxibustion share a clinical history within Chinese medicine spanning several thousand years. Both are routinely used in the treatment of many clinical conditions and are essential tools of any aspiring practitioner.
During its extensive development, a large volume of clinical experience was accumulated together with the discovery of important therapeutic principles. The refinement of this knowledge eventually led to the creation of a formal theory which is present here.
The Revised Edition is composed of 18 chapters and one supplementary section.
- A Brief History of Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion.
- Yin-Yang and the Five Elements.
- The Zang-Fu Organs.
- Qi, Blood and Body Fluid.
- The Meridians and Collaterals.
- An Introdution to Acupuncture Points.
- Acupuncture Points of the Tai Yin and Yang Ming Meridians.
- Acupuncture Points of the Shao Yin and Tai Yang Meridians.
- Acupuncture Points of the Jue Yin and Shao Yang Meridians.
- Acupuncture Points of the Governor and the Conception Vessels and the Extra Points.
- Aetiology and Pathogenesis.
- Diagnostic Methods.
- Differentiation of Syndromes.
- Acupuncture Techniques.
- Moxibustion and Cupping Methods.
- A General Introduction to Acupuncture Treatment.
- Internal Diseases.
- Gynaecological and Other Diseases.
- Supplementary Section – Ear Acupuncture Therapy and Acupuncture Analgesia.
Author: Cheng Xinnong
Publisher: Foreign Language Press, Beijing
Publishing Date: 1999
No. of Pages: 590
ISBN: 9 787119 017587
There are no reviews yet.