This is subjective, and will vary from patient to patient. It will usually be determined by:
- The condition you are having treatment for.
- The length of time you have had it – Is it acute or chronic in nature?
- The severity of your symptoms.
- Any other underlying issues which may be involved.
- Compliance with advice given by your practitioner – this may relate to herbal medicine, dietary or lifestyle advice or exercise.
Your attending practitioner will normally ask you to come for a follow-up treatment, where they can assess your response to the first treatment. This will also give them the opportunity to determine whether to continue with their original treatment plan or if it requires adjusting. Ultimately, this will help them determine how many subsequent sessions you may need.