Zuo Gui Wan
English Name: Restore the Left (Kidney) Pill.
Category: Tonifying – Yin Tonifying.
Functions: Nourishes Yin and reinforces the Kidney; Replenishes the Essence (Jing) to benefit the Marrow.
Indications: Zuo Gui Wan is indicated for genuine Yin deficiency, marked by vertigo, soreness of the waist and knees, dry mouth, spontaneous sweating, night sweats and spermatorrhoea.
Tongue and Pules: The tongue is reddened with little coating, and the pulse is thready.
- Shu Di Huang [Rhizoma Rehmanniae Preparatae] – 24g
- Shan Yao [Rhizoma Dioscoreae] – 12g
- Gou Qi Zi [Fructus Lycii] – 12g
- Shan Zhu Yu [Fructus Corni] – 12g
- Chuan Niu Xi [Radix Cyathulae] – 12g
- Tu Si Zi [Semen Cuscutae] – 12g
- Lu Jiao Jiao [Colla Cornus Cervi] – 12g *
- Gui Ban Jiao [Colla Plastri Testudinis] – 12g *
* Lu Jiao Jiao and Gui Ban Jiao are animal based products which are not used in the modern day formula as they are restricted. These ingredients are commonly substituted with the plant derived herb Ba Ji Tian [Radix Morindae Officinalis] – 12g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Frequent or constant use should be avoided as the ingredients are likely to generate Dampness.