Zhi Mu (Rhizoma Anemarrhenae)
Zhi Mu (Rhizoma Anemarrhenae) is the rhizome of Anemarrhena asphodeloides Bunge. After harvesting, the medicinal material is sun-dried and cut into pieces. It can also be stir-baked with a salt solution.
Category: Heat-clearing & fire-draining.
Common Name: Anemarrhena Rhizome.
Channels Entered: Lung, Stomach and Kidney.
- Clearing heat and draining fire.
- Nourishing Yin and moistening dryness.
- Generating fluids to clear heat.
- For over-abundant pathogenic heat presenting as high fever, irritability, thirst and a rapid pulse.
- Cough due to lung-heat or dry cough due to yin-deficiancy, often accomanied by a dry throat.
- Hyperactivity of fire due to yin-deficiency causing hectic fever, night sweats, ‘steaming bones’ and restlessness.
- Yin deficiency diabetes presenting with thirst due to consumption of body fluids, constipation along with oral ulcers and inflammation.
Dosage: 6 – 12g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Contraindicated for patients with Spleen and Stomach deficiency cold and also for patients with diarrhoea.