Yang is one half of both the Tai Chi and Yin-Yang Theory. The masculine and positive principle (as in activity, light, heat, or dryness) in nature that according to traditional Chinese cosmology interacts with its opposite, Yin, to produce everything that comes into existence.
The phases of interaction are:
- Mutual consumption.
In the context of Chinese medicine, it corresponds to:
- Superior (the head and any area from the waist up).
- The exterior (skin and muscles).
- The Six Fu Organs – Stomach; Bladder; Gall Bladder; Small Intestine; Large Intestine; San Jiao (Triple Energiser/Triple Burner).
- Wei Qi (Defensive Qi).
- Heat or fire.
In nature it corresponds to:
- Immaterial or etherial.
- Light, sun and brightness.
- Transformation and change.