English Name: Nourish the Yin and Clear the Lung Decoction.
Functions: Clears Lung-Heat, cools the Blood, relieves toxicity and nourishes the Yin.
- A white, curd like membrane in the throat that is hard to scrape off
- Dry mouth and throat which is worse at night
- Swollen and sore throat
- Dry nose and lips
- Fever with or without coughing
- Wheezing with difficulty breathing
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue is red and dry. The pulse is rapid and thready.
- Sheng Di Huang [Radix Rehmanniae] – 6 to 20g
- Xuan Shen [Radix Scrophulariae] – 4.5 to 15g
- Mu Dan Pi [Cortex Moutan Radicis] – 2.5 to 9g
- Bai Shao Yao [Radix Paeoniae Alba] – 2.5 to 9g
- Mai Men Dong [Radix Ophiogonis] – 3.5 to 15g
- Bo He [Herba Menthae] – 1.5 to 6g
- Chuan Bei Mu [Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae] – 2.5 to 9g
- Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae] – 2 to 6g