Xuefu Zhuyu Tang
English Name: Decoction for removing Blood Stasis in the Chest.
Category: Blood Invigorating – Blood Stasis removing.
Function: Invigorate Bood; Expel Blood Stasis; Move Qi; Stop Pain.
Indications: Blood stasis in the chest marked by protracted chest pain and headache at fixed location; stubborn hiccups; palpitations, insomnia and irritability; tidal fever with a deep-red tongue and taut pulse. This includes diseases such as coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, rheumatic heart disease and costal chondritis.
- Tao Ren [Semen Persicae] – 12g
- Hong Hua [Flos Carthami] – 9g
- Dang Gui [Radix Angelicae Sinensis] – 9g
- Sheng Di Huang [Radix Rehmanniae] – 9g
- Chuan Xiong [Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong) – 5g
- Chi Shao Yao [Radix Paeoniae Rubra] – 6g
- Niu Xi [Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae] – 9g
- Jie Geng [Radix Platycodi] – 5g
- Chai Hu [Radix Bupleuri] – 3g
- Zhi Ke [Fructus Aurantii] – 6g
- Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae] – 3g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Xuefu Zhuyu Tang is contra-indicated in patients with active bleeding or bleeding disorders and during pregnancy. It should not be used long term.