Xiao Yao San
English Name:Rambling Powder; Ease Powder.
Category: Harmonising / Qi Regulating.
Functions: Regulates and harmonises the Liver and Spleen by:
- Smoothing Liver Qi.
- Moving Qi.
- Tonifying Spleen Qi.
- Nourishing Blood.
- Harmonising Blood.
Indications: Xiao Yao San is used to treat stagnation of Liver-Qi and deficiency of Spleen and Blood, which is marked by hypochondrium pain, headache, dizziness, dry mouth and throat, mental fatigue and poor appetite. These are sometimes accompanied by alternating chills and fever, irregular menstrutation or distension in the breasts.
Tongue and Pulse: There is usually a reddish tongue, and a taut and thready pulse.
- Chai Hu [Radix Bupleuri] – 9g
- Dang Gui [Radix Angelicae Sinensis] – 9g
- Bai Shao Yao [Radix Paeoniae] – 9g
- Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 9g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 9g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparatae] – 3g
- Sheng Jiang [Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens] – 3g
- Bo He [Herba Menthae] – 3g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: None.