Sang Ye (Folium Mori) is from the leaf of Morus alba L., family Moraceae. The medicinal material is normally collected after early frost, dried in the sun and used either raw or after being stir-baked with honey.
Category: Exterior Releasing.
Common Name: White Mulberry Leaf.
Channels Entered: Lung and Liver.
- Expels Wind and Heat.
- Clears Lung-Heat and moistens Dryness.
- Clears Liver-Fire to treat the eyes.
- Cools the Blood and stops bleeding.
Indications: It is used in clinical practice for the treatment of:
- Exterior Wind-Heat syndrome with headache, cough and sore throat.
- Damage to the Lung due to Dryness and heat marked by dry cough with little sputum and dry throat.
- Conjunctivitis and dizziness due to Liver-Heat and for hyperactivity of Liver-Yang with headache and dizziness.
- Bleeding due to Blood Heat which manifests as hematemesis and epistaxis.
Dosage: 5 – 10g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: None.