Sang Ju Yin
English Name:Mulberry Leaf and Chrysanthemum Decoction.
Category: Exterior Releasing – Release Exterior Wind-Heat.
Indications: Sang Ju Yin is indicated for mild, early stage exterior Heat syndrome with cough, mild fever, slight chills and slight thirst. It is commonly applied in the treatment of common colds, flu, acute bronchitis and acute tonsilitis.
Tongue and Pulse: The tip and margins of the tongue are red, with a superficial and rapid pulse.
- Sang Ye [Folium Mori] – 7.5g
- Ju Hua [Flos Chrysanthemi] – 3g
- Xing Ren [Semen Armeniacae Amarum] – 6g
- Lian Qiao [Fructus Forsythiae] – 5g
- Bo He [Herba Methae] – 3g
- Jie Geng [Radix Platycodi] – 6g
- Lu Gen [Rhizoma Phragmitis] – 6g
- Sheng Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae] – 3g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: This formula has a mild therapeutic action, and should be modified accordingly to treat serious cases.