Pu Gong Ying (Herba Taraxaci) is derived from the entire plant of Taraxacum mongolicum Hand.-Mazz. It is grown throughout China and is harvested when the flowers begin to open. It is commonly used fresh, or unprocessed after drying.
Category: Heat Clearing.
Common Name: Dandelion.
Channels Entered: Liver and Stomach.
- Clearing Heat and relieving Fire toxicity.
- Reduces abscesses and dissipates nodules.
- Clears the Liver and eyes.
- Resolves Dampness.
Indications: This herb is clinically indicated for use in treating:
- Internal abscesses and external sores including both breast and intestinal abscesses.
- Redness, pain and swelling of the eyes due to Liver-Heat.
- Damp-Heat type jaundice and painful urinary dysfunction.
- Insufficient lactation due to Heat.
Dosage: 9 – 30g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Take caution to not exceed dosage, as large dosages may cause mild diarrhoea.