Liu Wei Di Huang Wan
English Name: Six Ingredient Pill with Rehmannia.
Category: Tonifying – Yin Tonifying.
Functions: Enriches Yin; nourishes and tonifies the Liver and Kidney.
Indications: Kidney-Yin deficiency syndrome marked by lower back pain and weakness of the knees, dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, night sweating, seminal emission, steaming bone sensation, tidal fever, heat in the palms and soles, dry tongue and sore throat, delayed closure of fontanel in infants.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue should be red with little coating and the pulse should be thready and rapid.
- Shu Di Huang [Rhizoma Rehmanniae Preparatae] – 24g
- Shan Zhu Yu [Fructus Corni] – 12g
- Shan Yao [Rhizoma Dioscoreae] – 12g
- Ze Xie [Rhizoma Alismatis] – 9g
- Mu Dan Pi [Cortex Moutan Radicis] – 9g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 9g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Liu Wei Di Huang Wan is contra-indicated in cases of diarrhoea from Spleen Qi deficiency and in Phlegm-Damp conditions with greasy tongue coating.