Liu Jun Zi Tang
English Name:Six Gentleman Decoction.
Category: Tonifying – Qi Tonifying.
Functions: Invigorates and tonifies Spleen-Qi. Promotes digestion, stops nausea and vomiting and transforms phlegm.
Indications: Liu Jun Zi Tang is clinically indicated for Qi-deficiency syndromes of the Spleen and Stomach accompanied by Damp and Phlegm. These conditions are usually characterised by a pale complexion, low, weak voice, shortness of breath, tiredness, poor appetie, loose stool or diarrhoea, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, cough with profuse, watery or white phlegm, oppression in the chest and epigastrium. The tongue is usually greasy with a white coating and the pulse is slippery.
- Ren Shen [Radix Ginseng] – 9g
- Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 9g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 9g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata] – 6g
- Chen Pi [Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae] – 6g
- Zhi Ban Xia [Rhizoma Pinelliae Preparata] – 6g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Contra-indicated in cases of fever with deficient fire, bloating due to food stagnation, excessive thirst with constipation.