Jian Pi Wan
English Name: Strengthen the Spleen Pill.
Category: Digestive – Reduce Food Stagnation.
Functions: Tonify Spleen Qi; harmonise the Stomach; resolve food stagnation; promote digestion and stop diarrhoea.
Indications: For food stagnation due to weakness of the Spleen which is marked by poor appetite and indigestion, epigastric and abdominal distension and fullness, fatigue and loose stools. The tongue has a greasy, yellowish coating and the pulse is deficient or weak.
- Chao Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 75g
- Mu Xiang [Radix Aucklandiae] – 22g
- Huang Lian [Rhizoma Coptidis] – 22g
- Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae] – 22g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 60g
- Ren Shen [Radix Ginseng] – 45g
- Chao Shen Qu [Massa Fermentata Medicinalis] – 30g
- Chen Pi [Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae] – 30g
- Sha Ren [Frucutus Amomi] – 30g
- Chao Mai Ya [Fructus Hordei Germinatus] – 30g
- Shan Zha [Fructus Cratagei] 30g
- Shan Yao [Rhizoma Dioscoreae] – 30g
- Rou Dou Kou [Semen Myristicae] – 30g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Jian Pi Wan is contra-indicated for acute food stagnation due to improper eating, overeating or over drinking.