Huoxiang Zhengqi San
English Name: Agastachis Powder for Restoring Vital Qi.
Category: Dampness Resolving / Qi Regulating.
Functions: Relieve exterior syndrome; eliminate Dampness; regulate and move Qi; harmonise the Stomach.
Indications: This formula is indicated for exterior Wind-Cold and interior impairment with Dampness retention. It is marked by aversion to cold with a fever, headache, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue is white with a greasy coating and the pulse is superficial or soft.
- Huo Xiang [Herba Agastachis] – 9g
- Zi Su Ye [Folium Perillae] – 3g
- Bai Zhi [Radix Angelicae Dahuricae] – 3g
- Da Fu Pi [Pericarpium Arecae] – 3g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 3g
- Ban Xia [Rhizoma Pinelliae] – 6g
- Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 6g
- Chen Pi [Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae] – 6g
- Hou Po [Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis] – 6g
- Jie Geng [Radix Platycodi] – 6g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparatae] – 4g
- Sheng Jiang [Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens] – 3g
- Da Zao [Fructus Jujubae] – 4 pieces
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Huoxiang Zhengqi San should not be used in cases of Yin deficiency Heat or Wind-Heat with damp. Take caution not to decoct the ingredients for too long, as most are aromatic or pungent and will loose their active properties.