Huang Qin (Radix Scutellariae) is from the root of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi. After the roots are harvested, they are usually chopped into pieces ready for use. They can also be stir-baked with wine or carbonised before use.
Category: Heat-Clearing & Damp resolving.
Common Name: Baical Skullcap Root.
Channels Entered: Lung, Large Intestine, Stomach and Gallbladder.
- Clearing Heat.
- Drying Dampness.
- Eliminating toxins.
- Stops bleeding.
- Calms the foetus.
- Subdues rising Liver Yang Qi.
Indications: The main applications for Huang Qin are:
- Dysentric disorders or diarrhoea with fever, thirst, inability to drink and painful urination.
- High fever, irritability, thirst, cough with thick yellow sputum. Hot sores and swelling may also be present.
- Vomiting or coughing of blood, nosebleed and blood in the stool.
- Restless foetus or excessive kicking due to Heat.
Dosage: 3 – 15g