Gui Zhi Tang
English Name: Cinnamon Twig Decoction.
Category: Exterior Releasing.
Functions: Induces sweating to relieve pathogenic factors from the skin and muscles. Regulates and harmonises Ying and Wei Qi to relieve exterior syndrome.
Indications: Gui Zhi Tang is used to treat exterior deficiency syndrome due to exterior Wind-Cold combined with disharmony of Ying Qi and Wei Qi. Clinical indications include headache, fever, aversion to wind, low grade fever and chills, backache, nasal congestion, easy to catch cold.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue has a thin, white and moist coating. The pulse is usually floating (either moderate or frail).
- Gui Zhi [Ramulus Cinnamomi] – 9g
- Bai Shao Yao [Radix Paeoniae Alba] – 9g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparatae] – 6g
- Sheng Jiang [Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens] – 9g
- Da Zao [Fructus Ziziphi Jujubae] – 3 pcs
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Contra-indicated for patients with Internal and/or External Heat. When using this formula, patients should avoid alcohol, raw, cold, spicy and greasy food.