Gui Pi Tang
English Name: Decoction for Strengthening the Heart and Spleen.
Category: Tonifying – Tonify the Qi and Blood.
Functions: Gui Pi Tang tonifies Spleen Qi, while nourishing and strengthening the Spleen. It nourishes Heart Blood and benefits the Blood.
Indications: It is prescribed clinically for treating palpitations due to Spleen Qi and Heart Blood deficiency. This is marked by palpitations (with or without anxiety), intermittent pulse, fatigue, forgetfulness, insomnia, reduced appetite, and pale complexion. Some cases also present with chronic bleeding syndromes such as early periods with copious, pale blood or continuous periods with little flow.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue is usually pale and swollen with a thin, white coating. The pulse is thin and frail.
- Ren Shen [Radix Ginseng] – 6g
- Huang Qi [Radix Astragali] – 12g
- Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 9g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparatae] – 3 to 6g
- Dang Gui [Radix Angelicae Sinensis] – 9g
- Long Yan Rou [Arillus Longan] – 12g
- Suan Zao Ren [Semen Ziziphi Spinosae] – 12g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 10g
- Yuan Zhi [Radix Polygalae] – 6g
- Mu Xiang [Radix Aucklandiae] – 6g
- Sheng Jiang [Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens] – 5 pcs
- Da Zao [Fructus Ziziphi Jujubae] – 1 pcs