Dang Gui Si Ni Tang
English Name: Dang Gui Decoction for Restoring Yang.
Category: Interior Warming – Warm the Channels & Disperse Cold.
Indications: Dang Gui Si Ni Tang is indicated for cold in the extremities (hands and feet) as well as anaemia. It is often used in the treatment of reduced menstruation, delayed menstruation, leukorrhoea, cold or pain in the testicles, low libido and hernia due to Cold. Western usage may include Raynaud’s disease, peripheral neuropathy, arthritis or fibromyalgia.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue is pale with a thin white coating and the pulse is deep and thin.
- Dang Gui [Radix Angelicae Sinensis] – 12g
- Gui Zhi [Ramulus Cinnamomi] – 9g
- Bai Shao Yao [Radix Paeoniae Alba] – 9g
- Xi Xin [Herba Asari] – 6g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparatae] – 6g
- Da Zao [Fructus Ziziphi Jujubae] – 8pcs
- Mu Tong [Medulla Tetrapanacis] – 6g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Contra-indicated in patients with Yin deficiency Heat.