Buzhong Yiqi Tang
English Name:Decoction for Reinforcing Qi in the Middle-Jiao.
Category: Tonifying – Qi Tonifying.
Functions: Invigorates and tonifies qi in the middle-jiao; raises sunken spleen-yang qi to improve functional activities of qi and the organs; benefits qi.
Indications: Buzhong Yiqi Tang is indicated for prolapse due to deficient qi which is characterised by poor appetite, lassitude, pale face and weak voice, loose stool or chronic diarrhoea, fever with perspiration, thirst with a preference for warm drinks and prolapse of the rectum and/or uterus. The tongue is pale and large with a thin whitish coating and the pulse is deficient.
- Huang Qi [Radix Astralagi] – 18g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparata] – 9g
- Ren Shen [Radix Ginseng] – 6g
- Dang Gui [Radix Angelicae Sinensis] – 10g
- Chen Pi [Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae] – 6g
- Sheng Ma [Rhizoma Cimicifugae] – 6g
- Chai Hu [Radix Bupleuri] – 6g
- Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 9g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Contra-Indicated in cases yin deficiency heat or fever due to yin deficiency.