Bao He Wan
English Name: Lenitive Pill; Pill to Harmonise the Stomach.
Category: Formulas that Reduce Food Stagnation.
Functions: To relieve food stagnation and harmonise the Stomach.
Indications: Bao He Wan is indicated for food stagnation due to indigestion presenting with fullness of the stomach, abdominal and epigastric pain and distension, belching, acid reflux, sour taste in the mouth, nausea and vomiting, low appetite and diarrhoea or constipation.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue has a thick, yellow greasy coating and the pulse is slippery.
- Shan Zha [Fructus Crategi] – 18g
- Shen Qu [Massa Fermentata Medicinalis] – 6g
- Ban Xia [Rhizoma Pinelliae] – 9g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 9g
- Chen Pi [Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae] – 3g
- Lian Qiao [Fructus Forsythiae] – 3g
- Lai Fu Zi [Semen Raphani] – 3g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: This formula should not be used for patients with Spleen and Stomach deficiency or cases of downward distending abdominal pain and constipation.