Ba Zhen Tang
English Name: Eight Treasures Decoction or Eight Precious Ingredients Decoction.
Category: Tonifying – Qi and Blood Nourishing.
Functions: Invigorating Qi and nourishing Blood.
Indications: Ba Zhen Tang is indicated for Qi and Blood deficiency syndrome, which is marked by pale or sallow complexion, dizziness, lassitude, shortness of breath, poor appetite, palpitation and anxiety.
Tongue and Pulse: The tongue is pale with a thin whitish coating, and the pulse is thready and weak.
- Dang Gui [Radix Angelicae Sinensis] – 9g
- Chuan Xiong [Rhizoma Ligustici Chuanxiong] – 6g
- Bai Shao Yao [Radix Paeoniae Alba] – 9g
- Shu Di Huang [Radix Rehmanniae Preparatae] – 12g
- Ren Shen [Radix Ginseng] – 6g
- Bai Zhu [Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae] – 9g
- Fu Ling [Poria] – 6g
- Zhi Gan Cao [Radix Glycyrrhizae Preparatae] – 3g
Cautions and Contra-Indications: Contra-indicated during the early stages of acute illness such as cold or flu and also for patients with Heat or excess conditions.