Introductory and Advanced Tongue & Pulse Diagnosis Workshops
Want to learn the ancient art of tongue and pulse diagnosis ?
‘A disease of Lung Heat is manifested as a yellow coating on the tongue ‘ – Yellow Emperor’s Internal Classic
Did you know that the colour and shape of a person’s tongue is a reliable indicator of a person’s state of health ?
Did you know that the speed, quality and depth of a person’s pulse can indicate possible illness ?
This 2-day introductory workshop is for teaches participants the basic skills of tongue and pulse diagnosis and explores some of the fundamental ideas of Chinese medicine.
The first day is devoted to Tongue Diagnosis and covers the following topics:
- Methods for Inspection of the tongue
- Normal States of the tongue
- Inspection of the tongue body
- Colour of the tongue
- Shape of the tongue
- Movement of the tongue
- Inspection of tongue coating
The second day is devoted to Pulse diagnosis and covers the following topics:
- Regions and methods for pulse taking
- Characteristics of a normal pulse
- The different types of abnormal pulses and their significance
- Floating and Sunken pulse
- Slow, moderate and fast pulse
- Weak, slippery and astringent pulse
- Full, thin and soft pulse
- Taut pulse
- The combined pulse for diagnosis
All topics are covered in the context of the fundamental ideas of Traditional Chinese Medicine which are explained in outline as well as with reference to concepts of Western Medicine.
Teaching takes place at the Asante Academy on Saturdays between 10.30 am and 5.00 pm with one hour lunch break.
For further details or to request a College prospectus please contact the office on:
Tel: 020 7272 6888 or e-mail email@example.com